Happy New Year!
If you made any resolutions this year, restoring health to your hair should be at the top of the list.
Maybe last year you didn’t take great care of your hair. Like a lot of people, you probably used drying products and heated styling tools during the holidays to get the perfect look for all the parties. Well, now your hair is paying the price! Habits like this can cause dryness, loss of shine, split ends, and breakage. That’s no way to start the new year!
Dont worry though, all you need to restore health, shine, and vibrancy to your hair is some SILKtage and Saran Wrap for a deep conditioning, restorative hair treatment. Just follow the steps here:
- Apply SILKtage Rejuvenating Styling Serum from roots to ends of hair. Use enough so that all of your hair is coated with oil, but not so much that it is dripping. (Don’t worry if your hair looks gross and stringy, you will wash it out later.) This step can also be done using other oils like Coconut or Argan but you wont receive all the health benefits of having the full spectrum of SILKtage oils.
- Pull hair up away from your face and twist it into a bun on top of your head. You can use some bobby pins to hold it into place if it falls out.
- Use the Saran Wrap to completely cover your head (like the way a shower cap would). For this step, you could also use a shower cap or a towel to cover hair and lock in moisture.
- Let hair sit like this for at least 1 hour. Keep your Saran cap on and use a blow dryer to heat hair for the first 5 minutes so that oil can penetrate more deeply.
- After the hour has passed, wash hair as you would normally in the shower. You can also use a conditioner for added moisture.
After this treatment, hair should regain most of its silky soft texture and radiant shine. Remember to use a few drops of SILKtage daily to retain hair health and repeat this treatment any time your hair needs a deeper conditioning.
Have a Happy New Year and enjoy your new healthy head of hair!
Summer is often associated with healthy beach hair and flowing waves but it can actually be the cause for numerous types of hair damage. During these hot months, your hair is exposed to sun, wind, chlorine, salt water, and air conditioning. All of these factors can lead to dull, weak strands if you aren’t careful.
Of all the damaging summer pastimes, swimming and sun bathing are the most dangerous to your hair. Fortunately, there are some tricks to avoid excess damage.
So much focus is placed on the effects that sun can have on your skin and it is usually forgotten that hair can suffer too when not treated properly. Hair that has been exposed to UV rays can be dry, brittle, weak, and thin. Colored hair will fade quickly and you can become more prone to split ends.
Some action can be taken to prevent and repair UV damage:
- Keep your hat on to block rays from both your face and hair.
- Create a protection spray for hair with 3 parts water and 1 part sun block.
- Choose sulfate-free shampoos to maintain a healthy balance of protective hair oils.
- Avoid lightening products or anything with alcohol that can speed up damage.
These four steps will ensure that hair remains soft and healthy even when the sun is shining bright.
Everyone enjoys pool parties on a hot summer day. Unfortunately, your hair doesn’t. The effects that chlorine can have on a strand of hair are incredibly damaging. Sebum, your hair’s natural moisturizer, becomes diminished and leads to cracks in the hair cuticle. Your hair will lose its natural shine and begin to split at the ends.
It is important to remember these key tips if you plan on enjoying pool time this summer:
- Reduce the frequency with which you use heat styling tools or hair dyes.
- Always rinse hair and use a gentle shampoo after chlorine exposure.
- Use only a wide-tooth comb on wet hair to prevent breakage.
- Treat hair with a moisturizing mask or oil that contains healthy hair ingredients like argan oil or coconut oil at least once a week.
These 8 tips combined will protect you from sun and chlorine, as well as any other damaging factors your hair could be exposed to this summer. Now that you’re prepared, enjoy these few months and the healthy hair you’ll have during them!
This sleek, pulled back look is a must-have hairstyle for summer. It is simple, elegant, and looks great with any outfit for any occasion. Most importantly, anyone can achieve this style in minutes with just four easy steps:
- Apply 2-3 drops of SILKtage (or a similar heat protection oil) to damp hair, focusing on the ends.
- Use a large, round brush when blow drying hair to pull it perfectly straight.
- Brush dry hair back into a high ponytail or smooth bun.
- Use your hands to smooth another 2-3 drops of SILKtage over hair for ultimate shine.
In just ten minutes you’ll have the perfect glossy up-do for summer parties, date nights, or even just a day at the beach.